Re: [Vala] [Genie] Build for windows under linux. Using minwg.

Hi,

________________________________
From: Gontzal Uriarte <txasatonga gmail com>
Sent: Sunday, 14 September 2014, 14:29
Subject: [Vala] [Genie] Build for windows under linux. Using minwg.

I have finished a "Katamotz Ejercicios" new application for reading
learning and teaching. Is a Genie application and it uses gtk-3, pango,
cogl, clutter, clutter-gtk and gstreamer. No problems for building under
linux for linux, but how do it for Windows. I have seen some tutorials from
Tarnyko and others but... there is anyone for help me?

Sounds like an interesting project. I've collected a few bookmarks to add to the Genie documentation at some
point:

Recent Vala on Windows binaries: https://github.com/hgoel0974/ValaOnWindows-Binaries
GTK+ for Windows: http://www.gtk.org/download/index.php
Possibly nice tutorial: http://www.0x00.to/post/2013/12/14/Compile-and-run-Vala-on-Windows-using-MinGW-builds

I don't use Windows myself, but hope these will take you a step in the right direction.

Pango seems to be part of GTK+ downloads, GStreamer website says it has MSI installers and Gnome wiki has
this https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Clutter/Building/Windows about Clutter on Windows.

Let us know if you get it working?

Al