Re: [Vala] backwards compatibility

On 27/10/2014 09:08, Patrick Welche wrote:
I'm new to vala and am wondering what compatibility between versions is
like, e.g., should I expect to be able to use a recent 0.26.1 compiler
to compile code from the days of 0.12?
You must expect every new stable release to be incompatible with the
previous. Either because of a compiler change, or because of bindings
breakage. That said, it's not that we break at every new stable release,
only when we feel it's best to break instead of keeping old obsolete things.