[Vala] VAPI bindings for external lib

Hello,

I'm modifiying babobab to support a ceph cluster. And want to do add several tools to position files on OSDs, show fragemntation of underlaying filesystems, etc. Maybe this will generate other tool, but for now just modifying.

The problem is that I cannot access directly to librados, libcephfs libraries from vala. Ehem, I can do it by just linking but figuring out what's the best way to do it.

I suppose that creating a binding is the best. I saw some tutorials but all require that library already uses GObject system that's not the case.

So, should I create a wrapping object lib, and then generate bindings from there?

Or should I do another way? I'm thinking about just adding dep and call it from vala like c. But don't know what's the best way to proceed.

Best regards,