Re: [Vala] Interfacing various languages

Talking in general here. I would accept patches in the vala compiler for
multiple targets only if they are generic enough.
It's a long iteration, but I don't want after N months of inactivity of a
target to revert it because nobody maintain it.

For this reason, I accept small patches, step by step, to generalize the
current vala compiler and codegen to allow more pluggability.
I'm not willing to merge big stuff at once especially if those are invasive
and do not permit a generic reuse of the compiler.

You have my support for merging the stuff in Vala, but really it must be
generic so that maintainability is not a problem in the future.