Re: [Vala] question

I suggest you not to spend time learning the Makefile syntax.
As a beginner, try to compile the program yourself, is easier.
You pass all the files to the valac command line.
If you do not use namespaces your classes must have unique names.
Did you already read the vala tutorial, at least the first part?
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/Tutorial