Re: [Vala] wip/transform branch in git

On 25/06/2014 14:20, Tadeusz Szczyrba wrote:
So I will answer from another side: what is the indicator, that wip is
or is not ready?

So today's evening I'll open bug for WIP/Transform bugs in vala bugzilla.

And maybe should I ask next question: when one prepares patch for
particular bug where should it be sent to? Or maybe send git pull
requests?
In Vala hacking I haven't found clear answer for that question above.

Simply attach a patch to bugzilla. wip/transform is of course not ready,
otherwise it would have been merged :)
It's already working for most things, the last bug I hit was with dbus
(e.g. try compiling rygel with wip/transform and you'll able to
reproduce that).
In other words, everything is set, many bugs have already been fixed, so
it's only about fixing the remaining bugs that have been of course
introduced by the massive refactoring.
How is it possible directly when the parser, lexer and semantical
analysis loose information ( white-spaces, comments, '@' operator,
loops shape etc.) ? wip branch now also doesn't solve all of these, but
anyway
it seems to be the step in right direction.
wip/transform has nothing to do with that. It avoids losing information
in the ast analysis -> codegen step.
It brings codegen stuff at the ast level AND moves ast transformations
after the control flow analysis to avoid losing information
in the control flow step.
You can read a detailed overview here:
http://valajournal.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-to-expect-from-wiptransform-branch.html