Re: [Vala] acr 0.9.9

I really like you project and probably going to use it.

12.12.2014, 03:05, "pancake" <pancake youterm com>:
I'm almost ready to release a new version of ACR. My own autoconf
replacement tool.

   https://github.com/radare/acr

In this release I have fixed some bugs and added support for Vala.

The way to configure a Vala project with ACR is the following:

$ cat configure.acr
PKGNAME myvala
VERSION 0.1
CONTACT name ; mail host org

LANG_VALA!
VALAPKG posix
VALAPKG gtk+-3.0

PKGCFG CS_CFLAGS CS_LDFLAGS capstone

SUBDIRS config.vala ;

REPORT
         HAVE_VALA
         HAVE_VALAC
         VALAC
         HAVE_VALAPKG_POSIX
         HAVE_VALAPKG_GTK_3_0
         HAVE_LANG_VALA
         VALA_VERSION ;

$ cat config.vala.acr
public static string VERSION = "@@VERSION@@";

$ acr

And now you have a fully functional ./configure script that behaves like the
GNU one but its way smaller and faster. It's still a shellscript, so
there are
no portability issues or extra dependencies to build the project.

$ ./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for working directories... current
using prefix '/usr/local'
checking vala compiler... valac
checking vala... vala
checking valac --pkg posix... yes
checking valac --pkg gtk+-3.0... yes
checking pkg-config flags for capstone... no
creating config.vala
cleaning temporally files... done

Final report:
  - HAVE_VALA = 1
  - HAVE_VALAC = 1
  - VALAC = valac
  - HAVE_VALAPKG_POSIX = 1
  - HAVE_VALAPKG_GTK_3_0 = 1
  - HAVE_LANG_VALA = 1
  - VALA_VERSION = 0.26

$ ./configure --report
PKGNAME:   myvala
VERSION:   0.1
LANGS:     vala
PKG-CONFIG:  posix gtk+-3.0 capstone
FLAGS:     --with-vala=vala --with-valac=valac

The AMR (automake replacement) is still work in progress and doesnt yet
supports
Vala projects. But I think parvala can be used quite nicely here.

I have also plans to add another keyword LICENSE to include the COPYRIGHT
statements in the same directory, this makes maintaining projects
easier, but
the compilation part is what I'll try to address with amr in next versions.

It is possible to extend the fucntionality of the configure.acr with
conditionals
or external scripts. But it tries to keep everything as compact as possible.

Let me know if you try it and find any interesting task

--pancake