Re: [Vala] Generated code license?

Hi Mike,

On Thu, 2014-08-28 at 11:13 -0700, Mike wrote:
Do the vala authors reserve any copyright on the biolerplate code and
such?  Or is it public domain, then the author of the input vala code
takes ownership?

There is very little fixed boilerplate and I do not consider any Vala
compiler output a derivative of the compiler (unless the compiler input
is a derivative of it, of course). There is some code in the GLib VAPI,
however, that is covered by the following clause in the license header:

 * As a special exception, if you use inline functions from this file,
this
 * file does not by itself cause the resulting executable to be covered
by
 * the GNU Lesser General Public License.

I.e., as with most other compilers, Vala does not limit the licensing
choices of your software.

Regards,
Jürg