Re: [Vala] Fw: Extra documentation for vapis on Valadoc

Hey,

Wow I've never actually looked through the Valadoc source code repository
before. There are actually a lot of really good examples there.

Thanks.

Given that, though, can anyone explain how get extra documentation onto
Valadoc.org?

Take a look at `valadoc --importdir`, `valadoc --import` and `valadoc --wiki.`

--import allows us to import docs from gir-files and .valadoc-files.

.valadoc-files have the following structure:

<documentation-comment>
(<name>|c::<cname>)(::append)?

They are primarily used to append examples/widget-images to existing
documentation.

The basic idea:
 - valadoc-example-gen example/*/*.valadoc.examples
 => result#1: wiki files
(http://valadoc.org/#!wiki=gtk+-3.0/example-listing-index)
 => result#2: .valadoc-files

 - generator
 => guided by documentation/packages.xml
 => uses valadoc to generate docs
 => uses wget to fetch images used in gir-files
 => generates index.valadoc files based on packages.xml
 => uses valadoc-example-gen
 => generates widget galleries (.valadoc files, wiki-files, wget)