[Vala] [Genie] Growing the community

For Genie to progress there needs to be an active community. The first part of growing the community is to
understand who uses Genie and why.  I see Genie as a great transitional language for people moving from web
scripting or python to lower level system programming. Genie offers great speed of processing, so I have used
it for log file parsing to a database and I am looking to use it for sqlite extensions. Genie has also been
used for desktop applications with a recent post  about a comic book editor in Genie (
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2013-May/msg00058.html ) ( any source code? ). Tal Liron gave a
video-recorded talk on Genie (see https://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2013-August/msg00031.html for
more details) and Gontzal Uriarte is actively writing tutorials on Genie ( http://manualgenie.blogspot.com/
). It would be good to try and collate some of these resources on a Genie wiki page. Probably a page off from
the brief guide.

Genie is just three files in the Vala source code:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/vala/tree/vala/valagenietokentype.vala
https://git.gnome.org/browse/vala/tree/vala/valageniescanner.vala
https://git.gnome.org/browse/vala/tree/vala/valagenieparser.vala

These should probably linked to and described from the Genie wiki, along with any agreed process for
reporting and fixing bugs and enhancements.

Surely this can't be too difficult to grow community activity to a sustainable level?

Al