Re: [Vala] Performance issue

On 30/11/2013 07:38, Raum wrote:
I'm developping a tool which graphically display a pcap file.

I'm using treeview / TreeModel / TreeStore to show a lot of frames information and I've some performance issues... notably on navigator view.

Is there any "optimization" tool (under linux) ? (which can give me some informations where I should optimize my code ?)

If you are displaying a lot of rows, the issue is most likely to be in the treeview. Start by setting fixed height, and search the net for treeview optimizations.
Also ensure you are compiling with -O2.