Re: [Vala] Where does Vala.Paraser create code nodes?

Feel free to edit the wiki.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Christian Johnson <_c_ mail com> wrote:

Luca Bruno <lethalman88    > writes:

On 21/11/2013 01:54, Christian Johnson wrote:
Hi all!

I've been mucking around in the vala source code, and I got a little
stuck.
I can't find where Vala.Parser actually creates the code nodes.
According to
https://wiki.gnome.org/Vala/Hacking#Back_to_the_Parser:

"However the Parser calls back to the context and uses it to create
code
nodes (mentioned before), then adds these code nodes into the
context's root
code node."

But where does it call back to the context? The only places I've found
it
simply calls the context to get a property value, not set anything.
Yes that phrase is wrong. Context does not create code nodes. The parser
creates code nodes everywhere, new Vala.Method... new Vala.Parameter,
new.... about every "new" in valaparser.vala creates a code node.

I see. Someone should really change that. I was looking at the
parse_declarations method and, as I was missing the no s when it calls
parse_declaration, thought it was a recursive method call. As you can
imagine I was very confused.