Re: [Vala] Feature request: cascade operator

On 20/11/2013 01:53, Christian Johnson wrote:
I have been exploring and working with vala recently, so far I love it. It's
better than even a lot of the "high level" languages I've worked with. I
hope this is right place for a feature request, I couldn't find any
information on how to submit one. If people like this idea I may try to hack
it together my self, but it would obviously be much easier for the vala
developers themselves to do it, having built the whole thing and all. ;-)

The cascade operator accesses a property or invokes a method like the "."
operator, but discards the result, and returns the original receiver instead.

+1, I thought about this kind of feature before. Missing it from smalltalk :-)
However the +1 of Juerg is needed before implementing anything.