[Vala] Including C library in Vala Application

Hi @All,

I am new to vala programming, currently I am toying with the language
and I must say I am impressed and I am having alot of fun.
I am currently looking for a way to use a library that was written in
plain C within Vala. The library is lib5250 from the tn5250 project.
I want to include all .c and .h files in my project and access the
functions from Vala.
How to do that and what options I have? I read about creating a .vapi
file, but I haven't found any clear documentation or tutorials that gave
me the ahha effect.
Hope someone can help me with this and bring some light in binding such
libs manually in a Vala project.

Thanks.

Jason