Re: [Vala] Unregister a GType

2013/5/4 Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com>

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Igor Azevedo <igor azevedo neticle pt>wrote:

Hello,

I'm developing an application that dynamically loads plugins using
GModule.
Each of the plugins registers it's own GTypes but if I load, unload, and
finally reload them I get some errors and the modules don't load properly.

Errors are:

(process:21259): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type
`NeticleInfinityModulesBaseBaseModule'

I understand why this happens, I'm registering a GType that was already
registered previously when I first loaded the plugin and even after
unloading the module, the types remained registered, so it obviously
fails.

My question is if there is any way to unregister a GType so I can reload
the plugin successfully?

Are you doing this way?
https://live.gnome.org/Vala/TypeModules
https://live.gnome.org/Vala/TypeModuleSample

My implementation was based on the first example you mentioned. Should I
use TypeModule (like in the second example)?

Thanks,
Igor Azevedo