From: tarnyko tarnyko net
To: vala-list gnome org
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:14:00 +0100
Subject: Re: [Vala] Autovala: new program for developers

Nice ! Thanks for your work, will check that when I have time.

Regards,
Tarnyko

rastersoft writes:

Hi all:

Several days ago, another user commented in Elementary Dev list that
using CMake with Vala was quite hard and difficult.

After thinking about it, I reached the conclusion that using CMake is
quite boring and repetitive, so I said to myself: why not creating a
tool that automatically generates the CMakeLists.txt files, based on
several rules and heuristics?

The result is Autovala. It not only deduces where to put each file and
how to compile the binaries or libraries from the sources, but also
automagically finds the packages used in each project, and passes them
to the compiler. It also creates automatically the .gir and .vapi files
for libraries.

You have a longer and more precise description in the README file, in
the github repository:

    https://github.com/rastersoft/autovala

It is still an alpha version, but fully usable. It still lacks some
minor things, like generating the .pc file for pkg-config, and other
things. For those I will need some help. If someone volunteers...

Enjoy it!

--
Nos leemos
                     RASTER    (Linux user #228804)