Re: [Vala] Tor

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 00:28 -0500, Brian Duffy wrote:
Is there a way to write Tor enabled applications in Vala?

If you use the high-level networking stuff in GIO (GLib.SocketClient)
you get transparent support for proxies, so if the user has configured
their computer to use Tor as a proxy server (e.g., through the Network
panel in gnome-control-center) everything should just work.

If your application is just making HTTP requests, I believe fairly
recent libsoup should use proxies automatically as well.

GIO also contains stuff for lower-level, non-transparent proxy handling
(GLib.Proxy, GLib.ProxyResolver, GLib.ProxyResolver).  I've never used
it, but theoretically you should be able to figure it out based on the
docs.

-Evan