I would like to use a Generic class, so

class MyClass<T> {
    T property;
    public void Print() {
        stdout.printf(property.to_string())
    }

The compiler fails with:

The name `to_string' does not exist in the context of `T'

And that does kinda make sense to me, the question is.. I guess in a
generic fashion:

How can I call a method on a Generic type?  For the above example, I've
tried casting:

((Object) property).to_string() tells me that GLib.Object has no
to_string() (I thought it did, but may have confused it with C#'s
object.

(string) property compiles but segfaults.

Is there an Interface for to_string() i can check for, e.g:

if (property is IStringable) ((IStringable) property).to_string()

Thanks,
-a