Re: [Vala] Val(a)Ide Problems on Win7

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 02:25:26 +0100
tarnyko tarnyko net wrote:

Duke Normandin writes:

I'm new to this language, and in the process of setting it up
on my Win7 box.

Whenever I try to execute Val(a)IDE, I get this error message:

[quote]
The procedure entry point g_dgettext could not be located in the
dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll[/quote]

Is there an environment variable that I need to set. I found
zero INSTALL file in the binary distro that I DLed.

Hi Duke,

Looks like you have an older version of GTK+/GLib already setup
and prioritary on your win32 box.

Could you please post the result of the following command :
echo %PATH%

I checked the results of `echo %PATH%', and indeed a 32 bit
version of GTK+/GLib *is* installed as part of another programming
language.

--
Duke