Re: [Vala] VAPI tutorial

On Sat, 2013-12-28 at 00:43 +0100, rastersoft wrote:
Hi all:

I wrote a little VAPI writing tutorial to help people to start writing
VAPI files for libraries. I put it at

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/WrittingVAPIs

Of course it is incomplete, and is possible that it has mistakes, so I
accept all kind of suggestions and fixes.

Seems like a duplicate of
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/LegacyBindings

I hope you'll consider merging what you've written into the other page.
Meanwhile, I've added a note to WrittingVAPIs (which, BTW, is misspelled
—writing only has one 't').

I haven't read what you posted yet, but on a quick skim I noticed that
you are encouraging people to use ref_function="", unref_function="..."
instead of just free_function="..." for a compact class.  This is almost
never the right thing to do since it will prevent Vala from properly
managing the memory.  In general, you might want to avoid using Xcb as
an example since it's generally not a very good VAPI (though your recent
changes do improve things quite a bit).

-Evan