[Vala] Dynamic load in execution time

Hi all:

I was wondering if Vala allows (or will allow in a near future) to load a .so during execution time (not in load time, like currently does) and access its methods and classes as usual, instead of having to work with function pointers and so on.

I ask this because I want to adapt a program to Elementary OS, allowing it to use its control panel, but also want to keep it OS-agnostic. The classic way of doing this would be to use conditional compilation (#if and #endif), but that also means to maintain several .deb packages.

So my question is if it would be possible to try to load the .so library in execution time, and, if it's not available in the computer, receive an exception, or whatever... That way it would be possible to do very nice things.

Thanks.

--
Nos leemos
                         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)