Re: [Vala] Vala should use g_slice for structures.

Hi Tal,

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 23:34 +0300, Tal Hadad wrote:
I've seen in my generated code, that Vala use g_slice for alloc. classes.
But on structs, Vala use g_new0 and g_free.

I think it should be also in structures "dup" and "free" funcs, for faster performance,
even known struct duplicating isn't used a lot.

The default needs to stay as it is as it's effectively an ABI change. It
may make sense to introduce an attribute to support GSlice-based
allocation for structs - in cases where inline/stack allocation cannot
be used.

Regards,
Jürg