Re: [Vala] Clutter actor class in Vala (newb)

On 10/04/2013 19:12, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
What you're missing is this:
Ah, thanks! I'll poke around now.

Although I'm not pretty sure, you should check about the preferred
way of custom painting an actor.
Speaking of this, here's a vala-related question:

https://developer.gnome.org/clutter/stable/ClutterCanvas.html
Scroll down to 'Description' - there's sample code.

1. In the int main, at: canvas = clutter_canvas_new();
2. They do: clutter_actor_set_content( actor, canvas );
3. A few lines down they do:
/* the actor now owns the canvas */
g_object_unref(canvas);

In my vala class, I did:
this.set_content(canvas);

Should I be worrying about canvas? (Declare it weak, maybe?)
Or, is it okay since it's defined and used within the class?

\d