[Vala] signals

Hello there!

I've being experiencing a bug for a while now and I have no clue how to
solve it. The situation is as follows:

I have a set of classes (most of which handle some GtkWidget build from
a Glade XML using a GtkBuilder instance). One of those classes has a
GtkGrid and another has a GtkBox with a GtkLabel and a GtkButtonBox with
two GtkButtonses. To the Grid-ish instance I add several Box-ish
instances (if you catch my drift) and what I need is to be able to tell
which GtkButton from which box-ish instance is being clicked.

I tried using vala native signals on the box-ish class emitted when the
buttons where clicked an then connect those signals in the grid-ish
class, but nothing seems to happen.

I hope I've made my self clear.

Has anybody done something similar??

Best regards,