Re: [Vala] RELEASE: Vala 0.18.0 + GTK 3.4.2 for Win32

Hi Edwin, You're welcome ! I just hope it proves as useful to people as it has proven to me. Don't hesitate to report any problems btw ^^

Edwin Dlca writes:
Thank you very much for your work, it is very useful for those who want to
use VALA and carry our programs to Windows.
I'll download it now.
Congratulations and keep going. 2012/10/22 <tarnyko tarnyko net>
Hi folks,
A bit silent during last month, I come back to announce a bundle for Vala
0.18.0 and GTK+ 3.4.2 on Windows.
Download link here :
http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=**node/13<http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=node/13>
or here :
http://www.tarnyko.net/dl/**vala.htm <http://www.tarnyko.net/dl/vala.htm>
(A helpful being told me that my formers installers had the bad habit of
emptying the PATH variable if it was longer than 1023 characters :
http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=**comment/307#comment-307<http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=comment/307#comment-307>.
It is now fixed for all installers ; please re-download them just in case.)
-----
News for ValaWinPKG users :
* The repos for Vala 0.16.0 and 0.18.0 are finally up !
There are some packages regressions :
- FreeGLUT VAPI doesn't seem to work with Vala > 0.12.0. Needs some fixes
from its original maintainer ;
- Poppler doesn't work anymore, should apparently be updated. Will do this
when I have time.
There is a new package :
- LibUSB
* If you want to use these new repos, you should really update ValaWinPKG
before (http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=**node/12<http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=node/12>).
Sorry, but it's the last time it should be necessary.
* The new version of ValaWinPKG allows you to have multiple Vala
installations and maintain their packages separately. See this tutorial (
http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=**node/14<http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=node/14>)
for more info.
Regards,
Tarnyko