Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:01:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [Vala] Should be warning(maybe error) when method with [ReturnsModifiedPointer] is called from
unowned variable
From: kotowate gmail com
To: tal_hd hotmail com
CC: vala-list gnome org

I am confused here. What [ReturnsModifiedPointer] has to do with copying/referencing an object?
With GLib.SList list = given_list; you do not create a copy of an object but owned reference/pointer. And if
you do anything to that reference, you will modify given_list too.

And in most cases not copying object, but referencing it is desired behaviour, so I don't see problem here. I
would also not desire assuming that copy should be created whenever I assign object from unowned reference to
owned reference.

I think that everything is ok here, unless I am missing something.
Could you describe the result you expect from the code you provided?
Jarek