[Vala] Crashes after moving a vala application from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system

Hi,
recently I was trying to move a vala application from a 32-bit system to
a 64-bit system. Like with Python and GI I thought it should be a piece
of cake. But to my surprise the vala application was crashing on the new
system.  All the underlying components like clutter, etc. are working
fine as they are used by the Python apps as well.

Is there anything particular, like compiler options or the like I should
be aware of ?

Thanks,

--
tomw <tomw ubilix com>