Re: [Vala] GStreamer signal connection in Vala

Am Montag, den 05.03.2012, 20:12 +0000 schrieb Thomas:
I am new to Vala. I am trying to develop a simple application using
Gstreamer and Vala, but I fail with the connection of signlas defined
within the Gstreamer Element cairoooverlay
What i am Trying to do ist the following:

this.pipeline =  (Pipeline)Gst.parse_launch("... cairooverlay
name=overlay ...");
Element ov = this.pipeline.get_by_name("overlay");
ov.connect("caps_changed", this.caps_changed_cb);

Just one hint about Gstreamer Elements: Use Vala's dynamic keyword.
Using this keyword you can access properties and signals of the lements
without using the getters or connect methods.

dynamic Element ov = ... = "overlay";
ov.caps_changed.connect (this.caps_changed_cb);

Sorry that I can't tell you the right sinal, but the docs might help you
here (or gst-inspect cairooverlay)

The code compiles fine, but I get the runtime warning and the signal
is not connected.

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_connect: invalid signal spec "caps_changed"

What is standard way to connect to this signal with a proper callback
in Vala? The function to connect the signal from C is

vala-list mailing list
vala-list gnome org