[Vala] Generate the .vapi for libmodbus

Hi,

I'm trying to generate the .vapi file for one of the latest versions of libmodbus (3.0.2).
I'm using the following commands to get the vapi file:
  vala-gen-introspect modbus modbus
  vapigen --library modbus modbus/modbus.gi

And the output for the second one is:
modbus.gi:0.0-0.0: error: construction methods may only be declared within classes and structs modbus.gi:0.0-0.0: error: construction methods may only be declared within classes and structs modbus.gi:0.0-0.0: error: construction methods may only be declared within classes and structs
  Generation failed: 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I've noticed that the problem is because there are three functions in the modbus.gi file starting with the word "new". I've modified the libmodus code to change the word "new" in the three functions. After changing the code, I successfully generated the .vapi file with the two commands.

The problem is that I don't want to change the libmodbus code to generate the .vapi file. There is any way to avoid the vapigen errors without changing the libmodbus source code?
I'll appreciate any helpful information on this issue.

valac version: Vala 0.15.2
OS: openSUSE 11.4 (i586)
I found the commands to generate the .vapi file in the web: https://github.com/btbytes/modbus-vala

Thank you!