[Vala] [Vala/Clutter] set_background_color confusion

Hi,

I have a collection of text actors inside a parent actor with a BoxLayout
applied to the parent actor. I am obtaining pointers to the different Text
objects in the collection with the get_child_at_index(int Index) method. My
wish is to just set the background color of the Text object as I iterate
from one to the next.

In the constructor of my class I set the background color of the first Text
object in the list and it sets the background color for the entire
allocation of the Text object (which expands to the entire width of the
parent actor) as specified in the documentation, this is the desired
behavior. The problem is that when I call a method to choose a different
Text object in the collection and set its background color the same way,
the background color only shows up behind the text and not the whole
allocation of the Text object.

Any idea why?

thnx

Brian