Re: [Vala] sqlheavy?

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 19:56 +0100, ant wrote:
SQLHeavy is an awesome interface......unfortunately I had to abandon
it in my project
because there is (or was) a memory leak  in SQLHeavy.Query. If you
create one, and
let it go out of scope, not all the memory is recovered. Search the
archive for an example.

I don't remember seeing that, and I don't see anything in the
archives...  If you can find a link (or supply a test case) I'd really
like to take a look.

Having said that, I was creating tens of thousands of the buggers,
which rapidly became
an issue on a 4GB VM. If your requirements are less taxing, SQLHeavy
is well worth
the price of a few K leakage.

I ended up swiping all the ideas and writing my own wrapper that did
just enough for
what I needed....sorry Evan, I'm too thick to fix it properly ;)

If I needed lots of raw performance I'd probably just use sqlite
directly, too.  Actually, I'd probably use something else (leveldb,
tokyo cabinet, etc.) if I could.

cheers

ant