[Vala] vapigen omitting arguments

Hi folks,

after digging deeper into the issue last night it really seems that
vapigen does not create the vapi file correctly. As the gir [1] works
without any issues from Python I would assume that the definitions
therein are correct. As stated in my previous post, vapigen is omitting
some arguments in the gfreenect_device_new method [2]. Adding them
manually according to the gfreenect-device header like:

public async Device (int device_index, uint subdevices,
GLib.Cancellable? cancellable, GLib.AsyncReadyCallback callback);

does not fix the issue as I get the compiler errors in [3]:

gf_test.vala.c:63:9: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
error: cc exited with status 256

What am I missing here? Any idea on how to tackle the issue would be
highly appreciated.

thanks,

tomw

[1] http://pastebin.com/QPR0cffc