Re: [Vala] Help with metadata file

Hello,

                    في خ، 19-01-2012 عند 18:23 -0800 ، كتب Eric Gregory:
Hi,

I'm trying to generate a working Vapi for WebKitGtk-3, but I've run into a
problem: cast macros.  GCC is choking because it cannot find
"WEBKIT_DOMHTML_ELEMENT" which is expected -- the actual name is
"WEBKIT_DOM_HTML_ELEMENT" (note the underscore.)

This appears to be due to the lack of CamelCase on the class name.  I was
able to get the type check macro to work with the following:

WebKitDOMHTMLElement type_check_function="WEBKIT_DOM_IS_HTML_ELEMENT"

But I'm not having any luck with the cast function.  Is there a way to
specify this manually?

It looks like the problem is the lack of nested namespace support in
gir: the type check function WEBKIT_DOM_IS_HTML_ELEMENT says that
HTMLElement is part of the WebkitDOM (or Webkit.DOM) namespace.

So the solution would be to move this class (and similar classes) to a
namespace. Looking briefly at other metadata (they are in the
vapi/metadata directory in vala git), it seems the following (untested)
would do it:
DOM* parent=Webkit.DOM name=DOM(.+)

HTH,
Abderrahim