Re: [Vala] Compilation error using XClientMessageEvent

Hi Axel,

I'm missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I tried modifying x11.vala like this, which almost makes your code work:

[CCode (cname = "union { char b[20]; short s[10]; long l[5]; }")]
public struct ClientMessageEventData {

which gives the following error:

incompatible types when assigning to type ‘union <anonymous>’ from
type ‘union <anonymous>’

So it turns out that you cannot make your own variable of the same
type as the anonymous union and have C consider them as the same type.
I don't think there's an easy way out of this. The fact that the union
is anonymous is beyond vala's control.

Does copying the entire ClientMessageEvent work for you?

Timo Kluck