Re: [Vala] Create an instance of a derived class, from a base class method

2012/2/19 Tal Hadad <tal_hd hotmail com>:

I don't understand what is your purpose:
I don't understand why you don't use constructors, or static methods.

I'd got myself in a bit of a mess inheriting singleton factory classes
and static properties/methods....coming from a C background, I get a
bit over-exciteable around OO. I've since refactored with templates
and accepted the 'singletons are evil' lore, which has made everything
a lot simpler.

See, the type deceleration must be explicit at complication time.
However, if you don't want it, you can always use generics and the "dynamic" word.

Meh, I very much like the concept of 'complication time'. What is this
'dynamic' keyword of which you speak?

cheers
ant