Re: [Vala] Sample app built with ninja+vala

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Emmanuel Oga <emmanueloga gmail com>wrote:

Following my experiment in building a vala app with tup [1], here [2]
is one for building the same thing with ninja [3]

Is not fair to compare ninja and tup solely on grounds of this..., but
I think I'm choosing ninja just because it allows me to put the build
artifacts in a separate directory to the sources.

ninja supports the -j parameter to spawn processes for each build
file, by default it spawns 3 processes when dependencies make that
possible.

Also it supports multiple outputs. Anyway, what made tup really interesting
was the theory behind it, i.e. the bottom-up build. There isn't much gain
in choosing ninja over make in my opinion.

--
www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System