Re: [Vala] xcb vapi

2012/2/4 Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com>:
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Stefan Risberg <steffenomak gmail com>
wrote:

It will complain that XcbVisualID doesn't exist but in the vapi it
looks like this
public struct VisualID : uint32
{}

but I changed it to
[CCode (cname = "unsigned int")]

and it worked. There are other places that complain about the same
stuff, but this was the easiest to describe.

So am I doing something wrong, if not how should the correct way to
fix the problem above?

If there's no VisualID in the xcb C API, then it is correct that you have to
set the cname.

--
www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System

ok, I started to rewrite the whole thing, or copypaste all parts that
were good, but I have another question.

I have

[SimpleType]
[CCode (cname = "xcb_screen_iterator_t")]
public struct ScreenIterator
{
        public unowned Screen data;
        public int rem;
        public int index;
        [CCode (cname = "xcb_screen_next", is_ref=1)]
        public void next();
}

xcb_screen_next expects *xcb_screen_iterator_t but now it gets
xcb_screen_iterator_t,
but if I have it like it is in the standard vapi I need to write
Xcb.ScreenIterator.next(ref iter) but I
want to be able to write iter.next();

Is it possible to make it behave like that?