[Vala] VAPI: turning a function into a property?

Hello list,

I started to write a VAPI file for some lib, and tried to turn a rather long function name into a property:

  [CCode (cheader_filename="allegro5/allegro5.h")]
  namespace Allegro5
  {
    [Compact]
    [CCode(cname="ALLEGRO_EVENT_QUEUE",
           free_function="al_destroy_event_queue")]
    class EventQueue {
      [CCode (cname="al_is_event_queue_empty", instance_pos=0)]
      public bool empty { get; }
    }
  }

Vala turns that into a function named allegro5_event_queue_get_empty - but that doesn't exist. So am I doing something wrong, or isn't is possible what I had in mind?

I know I could just turn it into an function named empty(), but I think using properties would just make better use of the language.

Regards