Re: [Vala] .typelib support in Vala

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Evan Nemerson <evan coeus-group com> wrote:
Assuming you're talking about GLib, GObject, and Gio, Debian/Ubuntu
already distribute the relevant GIRs. They're in
libgirepository1.0-dev.

I figured that out five minutes ago.  Thanks.  B-)

Sorry, what I wrote is /really/ misleading. valac still requires the
GIRs to be present. valac will still /start/ parsing the GIR. Once it
gets to a element (which tells us what pkg-config package
corresponds to that GIR) valac will look to see if that package has
already been provided and, if so, skip the rest of the GIR.

I see.  That makes sense.

It looks like the package has some other problems (both in its .gir and its packaging itself), so I'll work
with Ubuntu to sand down the rough edges and wrap this up.

Cheers,

-- Jim