Re: [Vala] Implement abstract interface method in interface

Your problem lies here:

interface IBar : IFoo
{
public virtual void bar ()
{
}
}

Because IBar is an interface, it doesn't inherit from IFoo.  Rather, in Vala that syntax means whatever class
implements IBar's interface must also implement IFoo (or, IFoo is a prerequisite interface for IBar).  For
whatever reason, although interfaces may implement code, in Vala an interface cannot implement a
prerequisite's methods.

I don't know the exact reason why.  I suspect it's a limitation of GObject and not Vala.

I discuss interfaces on the Yorba blog:
http://blog.yorba.org/jim/2011/11/a-few-of-my-favorite-vala-things-interface.html

-- Jim