Re: [Vala] How can I get information about vala & gtk?

1. How to make a connection between signal_handler_event() and my
check_button1?
The same way you do:
check_button1.toggled.connect(() => { check_button1.label = "I'm toggled!" });
You can write:
check_button1.button_press_event.connect(signal_handler_event);
Please see this example in the Vala tutorial.
An alternative is:
check_button1.button_press_event.connect(
(chk, e) {

    if (e.type == EventButton.2BUTTON_PRESS) {
        label.label = "Ouch!";
    }

    return false;
});
Do you see the imagination? I truly just copy&paste.
Actually, I just removed the parameter types.

2. How to solve an error: "The name `EventButton' does not exist in
the context of `signal_handler_event'"
Add "using Gdk;" line in the first lines of your code.
When ever you see this error, suspect if you use all the needed
namespaces.
You see? This is what I meant experience is the best teacher.
Tal

A while back I started working on a Vala GTK+ tutorial in the vein of the
classic GTK+ tutorial for C.

You can find it on

https://github.com/abenga/valagtktutorial

I managed to work on the first 7 chapters, you can find them in the */content/
folder.*

I've held off on posting here about the effort untilI had a reasonable
amount of content, but I'm thinking I'll probably ask for help as I've been
really busy recently. I recently started working on porting it to Docbook
XML, and I hope to be done in a couple of months or so.

Very good. I think it should be added into Vala wiki.