Re: [Vala] Declare array of enumerated(enum) value size

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Kamanashis Roy Shuva <
kamanashisroy gmail com> wrote:

   And if this feature is not feasible then do you know any work around ?

Either allocate arrays dynamically or use an m4 preprocessor.

   And if you think you like this idea, then can you please suggest me the
place to edit ? Because I have little experience working on your compiler
code..

A change like this will touch a big chunk of code, as you will have to
handle constant integer expressions in general instead of only integer
literals. You should look for fixed length arrays in the codegen and
ValaArrayType.
Also before doing any work I suggest you to report a bug and ask for Jurg
Billeter to be sure it's something planned or not (I don't know, but I
believe there shouldn't be problems to support global constants).

Best regards,

--
www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System