Re: [Vala] Too many arguments in generated code

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM, tomw <tomw ubilix com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm about to port the Skeltrack [1] skeleton tracker to Vala. So far
everything works fine, except getting the actual joints from the joint
list. The code in C is pretty straight forward:

head = skeltrack_joint_list_get_joint (list,
                                      SKELTRACK_JOINT_ID_HEAD);

which in Vala is:

var head = JointList.get_joint(list, Skeltrack.JointId.HEAD);

The generated code from Vala however looks like:

skeltrack_joint_list_get_joint (list, SKELTRACK_JOINT_ID_HEAD, &_tmp2_);
head = _tmp2_;

which makes the compiler complain that there are too many arguments.

The respective part in the vapi looks like:

[CCode (cheader_filename = "skeltrack.h")]
       [SimpleType]
       public class JointList {
               public static void free (Skeltrack.JointList list);
               public static Skeltrack.Joint get_joint
(Skeltrack.JointList list, Skeltrack.JointId id);
       }

Any clue why that happens?

Why not do it like this?

[CCode (cheader_filename = "skeltrack.h",free_function"joint_list_free")]
[SimpleType]
public class JointList {
    public Skeltrack.Joint get_joint(Skeltrack.JointId id);
}

I think this is the proper way to do it.

thanks,

--tomw

[1]  https://github.com/joaquimrocha/Skeltrack.git