[Vala] Vala Compiler Error? property notify signal handler gets wrong parameter value.

Hello,
I ran into a strange problem with a simple string property notify signal.

    public string sz_uri { get; set construct; }

I connected the signal in construct like so.

    construct {
        this.notify["sz_uri"].connect(uri_on_change);
    }

    private void uri_on_change(ParamSpec p) { ... }

But the on change method did not run when I set the property.  Neither
in construction nor later assignment.

I changed the handler like so.

    this.notify.connect ( (s,p) => { stdout.printf ("on_change %s", p.name) });

And was surprised that the propert name was incorrect. The output was:

    on_change sz-uri

But it should have been 'on_change sz_uri'.

** It had somehow changed the underscore to a hyphen.

What could possibly be causing this?

$ valac --version
Vala 0.14.0

--