Re: [Vala] Compiling VTG under Ubuntu 11.10

rastersoft <raster rastersoft com> writes:

Hi all:

I updated my system to Ubuntu 11.10, and now I can't use VTG. There's
no package for it, and I can't compile the source code from git. If I
install only libvala-0.14, the configure script returns an error,
saying that libvala is older than libvala-0.12. If I install
libvala-0.12, then configure ends fine, but then I receive the error
"error: Package `libvala-0.12' not found in specified Vala API
directories or GObject-Introspection GIR directories"; but I installed
all the gir-*
packages...

Can someone help me about this?

Thanks.
I left a comment on their site that documented what I did to compile
with the newer libraries.
--
Regards,
Brian Winfrey