Re: [Vala] Problems with HashMap/Dictionary

Hi Jens,

Thanks - but would you show me an example on what you mean?

// Kris

2011/10/14 Jens Georg <mail jensge org>

On Fr, 2011-10-14 at 09:52 +0200, Kris Thomsen wrote:
Hi!

I'm new to Vala and therefore I try to translate a Java-example to Vala.
have translated the same Java-example to C# before with success. In this
example they use af HashMap (C#: Dictionary) and I know HashMap is a part
of
LibGee. BUT, I cant make it work, the compiler keep on telling me an
error:

My example:

public class ProductCatalog : GLib.Object {
        private var map;
[...]
}

The compiler gives me this error:

[kris odin Udvikling]$ valac --pkg gee-1.0 NextGen.vala
NextGen.vala:59.17-59.19: error: syntax error, statements outside blocks
allowed only in root namespace
        private var map;

You can't use var there, you need the full type.