Re: [Vala] Questions about vapi generation and testing

Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> writes:

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM, bsquared <bwcode4u gmail com> wrote:

1.  Is it necessary/recommended to specialize a generic?
   The generated vapi has lists without specialization, and these work
   fine in the tests.
   public GLib.SList list_databases ();
   public GLib.SList<string> list_databases ();

The latter obviously.

I ask because in the gir the elements are generic, and the compiler does
not issue warnings.

2. What can I do to optimize the generated c code in my tests?
  The generated code is 4x the size of original test code
  (test-couchdb-glib.c) as is the executable.

For the C code, nothing. About the executable, optimize with -O3 (or -Os).

I was thinking there may be some kind of best practice to minimize the
number of temp vars in the generated code.

--
Regards,
Brian Winfrey