Re: [Vala] Re-entrant/Nested Iterator..

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Shawn Ferris <shawn ferris gmail com> wrote:
..snip..
class Query {
 class Iterator {
   next() {
     .. step over query ..
     if (Sqlite.DONE) return false;
     if ( record.linked_child != null ) {
       child = new Query(record.linked_child);
       nested = true;
     }
     if ( nested ) {
       var ret = child.next();
       if ( ! ret ) nested = false;
     }
     return true
   }
   get() {
     if ( nested) return child.get();
     return record;
   }
 }
}

But, it wasn't immediately obvious to me that the nested "query"
object wouldn't expose the next and get methods. I gotta believe this
is possible, but I'm surely not seeing the solution. (an elegant one
anyway) OR, if someone knows a better way to do this, I'm all ears..

Ugh.. I said it right, but implemented it wrong.. I just needed to
Instantiate the "Iterator" like I said.. not "Query"! (And re-arrange
my next logic)

I'd still be interested if there's a better way..

Shawn :D