[Vala] Platform-specific .vala code and 'make dist'

Hi everyone
I've just run across an interesting and unexpected problem, which I'd
like to share in case anyone has considered it before or to warn any
future victims. In a nutshell:

1. 'make dist' generates a platform-independent tarball which can be
compiled on any platform
2. Vala should not be required to build from a tarball, so the
generated .c files are dist'ed
3. I have some platform-specific #if OS_BEOS, #if OS_WIN32 etc. code
in my vala source

My dist tarball is therefore inconsistent, because to compile on
platforms other than the one that did the 'make dist' I actually still
need valac to regenerate the C files.

Are there plans to drop 2) once Vala's plans for world domination come
closer to fruition? Or is platform-specific Vala code discouraged?

Cheers
Sam