[Vala] Problems retrieving binary data from a sqlite3 database BLOB column

Hi,

I have problems retrieving binary data from a sqlite3 DB.

One of the columns of the database (f.e., number 3) is a BLOB with png images.

Using FileUtils.set_data("test.png", (uint8[]) smtm.column_blob(3));
writes a 8-bytes file with the first bytes of the image ("PNG" header
and some other numbers)

I'm sure the query is ok as I also retrieve other fields in the same
query and even stmt.column_bytes(3) returns the correct size of the
image.

Documentation explains "smtm.column_blob()" returns a void * so I
guess I have to cast to uint8[] to use FileUtils.set_data.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Iñigo Serna